RESEARCH MANAGER (F/M/D)
Programme: NORRAG-Network for International Policies and Cooperation in Education and Training
CONTRACT: Maximum duration contract – 12 months (potentially renewable)
ACTIVITY RATE: 80%-100% 32-40 h/w
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30.09.2023
STARTING DATE: As agreed
As part of this mandate, NORRAG is recruiting a Research Manager who will be responsible for the research coordination and data management for the research project.
As part of the IFE-2-Leave No One Behind project team, the main responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate, consolidate and manage data from individual innovative financing initiatives within IFE-2-Leave No One Behind project – Lending for Education in Africa, Impact Bond Innovation Fund, Quality Education India Development Impact Bond, Sierra Leone Education Innovation Challenge, and Ghana Education Outcomes Project.
- Provide analytical input on financial instruments in use in financing education initiatives.
- Ensure methodological approaches and analytical lenses are consistent across different research teams
- Take the lead in data extraction, data review, data cleaning and validation and monitoring of the quality and completeness of data for documenting program performance.
- Provide feedback to the field teams, in case of questions and gaps, to ensure any qualitative inputs are consistent and accurate.
- Monitor planning to ensure data is received in time and can be processed in time to comply with the overall project objectives.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Provide regular reporting to the IFE-2-Leave No One Behind project team:
- Develop periodic dashboards related to programmatic ratings and KPIs
- Provide qualitative reporting and analysis related to programmatic performance
- Support the initiative implementation teams to ensure inputs and reviews are captured and contextualise the data collection and analysis.
- Present and communicate results and ideas clearly and concisely to the research team members.
- Support the research team in clarifying aspects of the financial and legal structure and results with experts from the private sector partner teams.
- Contribute to and provide relevant data points for knowledge products- research papers, articles, presentations and blogs.
- Support the review process of key research deliverables.
- Master’s level degree in economics, finance, statistics, data science, international development, or project management.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in finance, monitoring and evaluation, research management, management consulting or as a program analyst.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of financial instruments (debt/equity) and accounting (Profit & Loss and Balance sheet)
- Experience in database management, information analysis, research techniques and methodologies and report writing. Grant-making and/or program management experience are a plus.
- Experience in the education field is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical and assessment skills in quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong analytical and qualitative problem-solver; able to quickly get up to speed on a new area, and identify issues and key focus areas.
- Strong partners and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (additional languages like German, French and Spanish a plus)
- Strong MS Office skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Additional statistical software skills are a plus.
- Comfortable working with a wide range of partners including private foundations, academic researchers, and other development stakeholders.
- Team-oriented, flexible working style, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Possessive of superior work ethic; willingness to work proactively and independently in a demanding environment.